Yesterday arrived the new MagicPicker upgrade with new Photoshop CC 2015.1 support (Illustrator CC 2015.1 and 2015.2), K-Lock improvements, better support for Microsoft Surface Pro and new optimizations and bug fixes.
MagicPicker 4.5 still supports Photoshop and Illustrator CS3, CS4, CS5, CS5.5, CS6, CC, CC2014 and CC2015.
Today Adobe issued an upgrade to their Creative Cloud. Namely Photoshop and Illustrator have been updated to version CC 2015. And I receive questions whether MagicPicker is compatible with the new platform. MagicPicker 4 was tested and totally works as is with the new Adobe’s products – Photoshop CC 2015 and Illustrator CC 2015. In most cases you don’t have to do anything after CC 2015 upgrade.
You don’t need to upgrade or reinstall, just please make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Extension Manager CC (you can always install it from Adobe Creative Cloud app).
There’s even more to it – some reported that Compact Mode didn’t work in the new CC 2014 software on selected system configurations. Seems there was a conflict that Adobe has resolved in the new versions of Photoshop/Illustrator. So if you still see your Compact Mode grayed out
If you face any issues with MagicPicker disappearing from the Extensions menu in new CC 2015 software – try to reinstall or update Adobe Extension Manager CC and then reinstalling MagicPicker.
Installing MagicPicker 4 with Adobe Extension Manager CC is easy and works the same on both platforms – Mac and PC (Windows):
1) Make sure your have the Adobe Extension Manager CC installed – go to your Adobe Creative Cloud, locate Adobe Extension Manager and click Install or Upgrade
2) Run Adobe Extension Manager
3) Choose File -> Install Extension
4) Locate MagicPicker4.zxp and follow the installation steps
P.S. MagicPicker is still compatible with Photoshop & Illustrator CS3, CS4, CS5, CS6, CC, CC2014.
Recent updates to MagicPicker – 4.1 and 4.2 improve color wheel behavior, fix a couple of issues with tablet pressure and clicking on the color wheel. Bring new feature – you can quickly switch between Color Temperature Wheel and other Color Wheel types by alt-clicking on the color wheel type button! Fix an issue with color schemes on CC and lower, improve performance for a couple of scenarios on Mac and PC, improve UI performance for HiDPI and Retina displays.
– New improved design
– Improved color mixing algorithm
– Full compatibility with Adobe Creative Cloud and Photoshop CC
– Performance improvements
– Improved panel behavior when it’s very small
– UI improvements for small displays
– UI optimizations
– Link to assign keyboard shortcut from inside the panel (fly-out menu -> Keyboard shortcut…)
– Press, hold and move mouse on numerical HSB/RGB/CMYK boxes to quickly change the numbers
– Improved CC support, improved Illustrator support
– Improved loading performance!
– Small UI fixes
– Fixed a small glitch on selected ATI Radeon cards on Windows
– Improved speed and behavior of the color pane in HSB and RGB modes
– Improved HSB/RGB modes behavior with eyedropper
Color box mode for color wheel
Diamond mode for color wheel
Sliders can now display scales by clicking small triangles
Now you can switch on/off 12 basic colors in Traditional Color Wheel mode
Adobe Illustrator Support
Leap Motion support (requires Ethereal) – change colors in the air with your fingers
OH BOY! Speeded up! Color picking now is at its maximum speed!
Faster RGB/HSB sliders
Fixed small bug with RGB/HSB sliders
New behavior when hiding/showing sliders and numerical boxes
Sliders now can be scaled down to a thin line
Fixed issue with color preview
Fixed a very rare crash on Photoshop CS6
Sliders now open outside, expanding MagicPicker’s boundaries
Fixed small bugs, improved performance and various parts of the UI
Optimized behavior of the panel when it’s very small
Fixed problems with resizing panel on Photoshop CS3/Illustrator CS3
Improved panel design on Photoshop CS3/Illustrator CS3
Improved Compact Mode on CS3 software
Dramatically improved opening time on Photoshop CS3/Illustrator CS3
Fixed problems with Photoshop x64 on Windows
* Calibrated monitors support on Mac OS X 10.8+ and Windows 7+ * Better support for Photoshop CS6 and Dark UI * Copy Hex color with one click in MagicPicker * Better interaction with Photoshop Swatches * Speed of MixColors is improved dramatically * Small bug fixes and speed improvements * Much more in MagicPicker v2.2 and MixColors v1.1!