New update to the MixColors panel – v2.1 improves color swatch group renaming, speeds up panel loading and more in Photoshop!
– Color groups became better and faster
– Renaming of color groups is now easier and more flawless
– Performance improvements on Adobe Photoshop CC2015, CC2014, CC, CS6, CS5, CS4 and CS3 platforms
– Bug fixes by your feedback
The exclusive Compact Mode of MagicPicker 4 perfectly combines with the new Big Swatches mode: keep two bold main colors visible on the screen and expand MagicPicker without a single click, just hovering your brush over the color swatches!
Preserve your screen real estate while saving clicks!
Now available for Photoshop and Illustrator CS3, CS4, CS5, CS6, CC and CC 2015.
In Illustrator MagicPicker smartly keeps colors within the chosen color space – for selected shapes. If you work in CMYK in Illustrator:
1) select a shape
2) try to change its color with the MagicPicker so it falls outside CMYK space
3) MagicPicker will correct it immediately so you would get the color that can be reproduced in CMYK
It’s slightly different from how Illustrator handles it. With MagicPicker you will see the result right away.
In recent version of MagicPicker it works with Tone Lock and on the Color Temperature Wheel.
MagicPicker offers a wide variety of color wheel configurations in addition to new Temperature Color Wheel.
Use the classic scheme or rotate the wheel so the red points up at 0° (works best for design where you get the Hue=0 at the exact top of the wheel). Or even use Traditional color wheel based on classic 12 color scheme (which may also be rotated). Work with the color wheel the way you like it! You can rotate color wheel from MagicPicker’s fly-out menu choosing Settings. And switch to Traditional mode using the button on the right-bottom.
Works in Photoshop and Illustrator CS3, CS4, CS5, CS5.5, CS6, CC and CC 2014.
MagicPicker 4 introduces a new innovative color tool – color temperature wheel.
In Photoshop or Illustrator with a single turn of the wheel you can change the temperature of the colors you pick. Get the exact colors for the lights, darks, on the sun, in the shadows, within the cool or warm gamma. Adding Tone Lock you can find the corresponding colors within different temperatures while keeping the same brightness.
To change the temperature of the colors:
1) Click the button on the top right of MagicPicker that switches between triangle/box and diamond modes until you reach the Color Temperature Wheel mode
2) Move the rectangular slider around the warm/cold wheel to change the temperature
3) Move the pointer inside the rectangle to choose colors with the same warmness/coldness
4*) You can use Tone Lock to keep the same brightness of the color
In addition to Triangle, Box and Diamond modes of the color wheel new MagicPicker adds Color Temperature Wheel mode. It lets you limit your color gamut to only warm or only cool colors (will be covered later in more detail). To switch modes click on the button on the top right to get the he tool best matching your painting style and a better color coverage in shades and saturation! You can also ALT-click to quickly switch to the Color Temperature mode.
MagicPicker 4 introduces new mode for the Tone Lock.
With new Tone Lock 2.0 you can easily build a uniform and natural palette within the gamut of your choice. Change hue (and now saturation!) of the color and MagicPicker will automagically find the closest matching colors with the same percieved brightness (or tone). Works on color wheel and with the regular color box picker.
Happy to announce new MagicPicker 4.0 – our most innovative update to the Color Wheel/Color Picking panel. Rewritten from the ground up MagicPicker supports new Adobe CC 2014 platform (Photoshop and Illustrator), brings new Color Temperature Wheel for separating cold/warm colors. Brings (optional) BIG color swatches for better color perception and new color engine optimized for speed. Tone Lock 2.0 lets you keep color’s tone while changing hue or saturation and now works with sliders. Color schemes improvements, more features – all supported across CC2014, CC, CS6, CS5, CS4 and CS3 platforms.
– New improved design
– Improved color mixing algorithm
– Full compatibility with Adobe Creative Cloud and Photoshop CC
– Performance improvements
– Improved panel behavior when it’s very small
– UI improvements for small displays
– UI optimizations