Shift+click inside the MagicPicker color wheel panel to move color wheel pointer towards cursor. Works in Photoshop and Illustrator and allows to slightly change current color with great precision! This feature supports all color wheel and color pane modes of MagicPicker.
Display Photoshop brushes in 5 different advanced styles to distinguish them better, with MagicSquire. Double-click the brush in the group to choose the stroke style from the dialog. The strokes are auto-generated in high resolution and show precisely how the brush would look like on the canvas. Renders precise opacity, texture, mixer brush tips, tilt etc – all advanced properties of any Photoshop brush. Supports 4K and 5K monitors.
In addition to standard Photoshop functionality the dialog also allows you to update current Brush properties.
MagicPicker 6 introduces new Keyboard Shortcuts that allow you to change color temperature or brightness/hue/saturation (and more) with one press of a button! Assign them in the easy-to-use MagicPicker dialog. Click MagicPicker menu -> Settings to enter Keyboard Shortcuts dialog.
You can use advanced keyboards’s keys and Wacom’s keys.
Works in Photoshop and Illustrator.
Here’s the list of functions that are available for key binding in MagicPicker 6:
- Increase/decrease Color Temperature
- Increase/decrease Color Brightness
- Increase/decrease Color Saturation
- Toggle Color Scheme
- Toggle Tone Lock
- Toggle K-Lock
- Toggle Compact Mode
- Toggle RGB/HSB
- Switch between Color Wheel Triangle/Box/Diamond/Color Temperature/LDT Cube modes
- Copy current color’s Hex value to Clipboard
- Switch Color Wheel / Color Box (Pane)
- Toggle MagicPicker panel on/off
Starting from MagicPicker 6.0 you can set up keyboard shortcuts through MagicPicker’s Settings dialog (from the panel’s menu):
Click on the empty field next to the function description and press the key combination. That’s it! Works on Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator CS3, CS4, CS5, CS5.5, CS6, CC, CC2014, CC2015, CC2017, CC2018+.
You can also adjust steps for every feature. For example you can adjust brightness by value of 5 or 10 or even 17.
Here’s the list of MagicPicker functions that you kind bind to your key presses:
- Increase/decrease Color Temperature (with adjustable step) - Increase/decrease Color Brightness (with adjustable step) - Increase/decrease Color Saturation (with adjustable step) - Toggle Color Scheme - Toggle Tone Lock - Toggle K-Lock - Toggle Compact Mode on/off - Toggle RGB/HSB - Switch between Color Wheel Triangle/Box/Diamond/Color Temperature/LDT Cube modes - Copy current color's Hex value to Clipboard - Switch between Color Wheel and Color Box (Pane) - Toggle MagicPicker panel
Adobe Photoshop CS3 and CS4 troubleshooting
Due to limitations on older Adobe products on Adobe Photoshop CS3 and CS4 you can assign keyboard shortcuts using Photoshop Edit -> Keyboard Shortcuts… dialog. In the dialog locate File -> Scripts menu and assign keyboard shortcuts to “(MP)…” scripts.
Adobe Illustrator troubleshooting
Adobe Illustrator allows only Shift, Cmd/Control and F1-F15 keys assigned to shortcuts. This is Adobe’s limitation. It means you can only use key combinations like “⌘+F1” or “Win+F2” or “Shift+Control+F3” or “Shift+F5” etc. F1-F15 keys are required in any keyboard shortcut.
If you receive the following message “Some event has not been registered for action“. It means you face a rare bug of Adobe Illustrator CC2015 or below. This is not a common bug and we’re still investigating why it happens for some users. It’s easy to fix on your side. Please update to Adobe Illustrator CC 2017 or above! The update is available for free from your Adobe Creative Cloud.
The message “The object “MagicPicker…” is not currently available” means you’re trying to use keyboard shortcuts on Illustrator without an active document open. Please open or create a new document in order to work with the keyboard shortcuts. This message is a bug of Adobe Illustrator.
I see the message “Please run Illustrator as Administrator…” or “Please restart Illustrator…” in the MagicPicker Settings. On some computers MagicPicker fixes the problem with problematic installation. You need to right-click on Adobe Illustrator and choose “Run as Administrator”. Then open MagicPicker and click Settings. If needed you need to restart Illustrator again. If shortcuts still don’t work please upgrade to Adobe Illustrator CC2017 or higher.
Adobe Illustrator CS6, CS5, CS4, CS3
The message “Some event has not been registered for action” on Adobe Illustrator CS6 and below means you face a rare bug of Adobe Illustrator. This is not a common bug and we’re still investigating why it happens for some users. Please use the manual way of assigning shortcuts: you will need to go to Adobe Illustrator -> Scripts -> MagicPicker and assign keyboard shortcuts to those scripts using AutoHotKey (Windows) or Automator (Mac). Adobe fixed all bugs related to keyboard shortcuts in Adobe Illustrator CC2017 and above.
This only affects Windows/Adobe Photoshop CC Users that have installed Windows Creators Fall Update. The symptoms in Photoshop CC may include (but not limited to):
- The stylus is lagging when you click and press on the panel
- You can click and select a color with it, but you can’t drag the sliders
- The plugin won’t recognize the stylus when pressing and moving across the color picking areas
- If you click on the panel with Wacom pen then the color updates. But if I press and drag the panel does nothing. You can only tap
- When you want to pick a color and move it with Pro Pen on Cintiq then you can’t move it. Only double click works. Also it still works with mouse
- You lost pen pressure sensitivity on Photoshop
All those problems are connected to Photoshop CC’s bug with stylus and tablet, in most cases it’s a Wacom tablet-only problem but it affects other tablets as well.
The good news it’s very easy to fix! Please do the following (the fix bellow applies to all versions of Photoshop you just need to replace Photoshop’s version in the path):
1) Go to your Wacom preferences and disable “Windows Ink” or “Windows Freehand” (the name depends on your Wacom drivers version)
This is not all! After this step you will probably lose pen pressure sensitivity, so follow next steps to avoid it:
2) Go to C:\Users\“YOURNAME”\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC2018\Adobe Photoshop CC2018 Settings\ and modify a file called PSUserConfig.txt (create a new file if it doesn’t exist). You need to add the following lines:
# Use WinTab
That’s it! Those simple steps will make sure you will keep pressure sensitivity on your tablet while fixing the problem with Adobe Photoshop.
While exporting your brush presets as tool presets in Photoshop CC2018 and above you may face the message from MagicSquire asking you to answer “No” in the “Would you like to create a brush preset instead?” dialog:
Please do the following:
1) Click on the “Don’t show again” checkmark to make sure it’s checked
2) Click “No” in the dialog
This will help MagicSquire to export your presets without any hassle. The reason to this message is that new Photoshop (starting from version CC2018) can keep your Tool Presets in Brushes panel. If you answer “Yes” you won’t be able to export Tool Presets anymore but you’ll be able to export Brush Presets from MagicSquire.
In addition to the old feature in MagicPicker where you could copy HEX value of the color to the clipboard, with MagicPicker 5 you can also copy full color name or RGB/HSL/CMYK/RYB/YCbCr/YUV/XYZ values of the current color.
Open color spaces and then click the small “copy” button. That’s it! Current values of the current color space will automagically get into your computer’s clipboard.
Loading brushes! Boom! Adding new presets! Pew! MagicSquire is now 2x-10x faster in key areas, try it out yourself! The panel proudly supports all recent Photoshops: CS5, CS6, CC, C2014, CC2015, CC2017.
– Significantly improved speed when: creating a new brush, loading .abr/.tpl files!
– Memory management improvements
– Compact Mode improvements
– Improvements to the UI
– Improvements to loading of .TPL files
Here goes the video describing all recently added features:
New MagicPicker allows to assign transparency to Fill or Stroke of the currently selected vector shape in Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator with one click on the panel!
1) Select your shape
2) Hold Ctrl (or ⌘) and then click with mouse or your tablet pen on the appropriate Fill or Stroke swatch on the MagicPicker panel
That’s it! The transparency will be applied immediately.
*In Adobe Photoshop Colorize Shapes and Text mode must me ON. In Illustrator it’s on by default.