– Full support of CC 2022 – especially keyboard shortcuts
– Increased max Brush Spacing parameter to 1000, please remove Brush Control corresponding to Brush Spacing and then re-add it
– Added Chinese localization
– Fixed problems with downloading of HUD in several scenarios
– Fixed a minor issue with “x” button position on search field
– Fixed a problem with searching/tags/clearing search field with new “x” button
– Fixed problems with focused search field after clicking a brush (a conflict with Wacom & ExpressKeys)
– Fixed problem with loading .abr files with groups in various scenarios
– Fixed a problem with disappearing right-click menu on Windows
– Improved update check
Here’s what’s new:
– Fixed a long standing problem when panel was blank sometimes, immediate after starting Photoshop
– Fixed Lab sliders’ L position
– Fixed a problem with h* slider of L*c*h color space. When moving this slider color preserves brightness and saturation of current color now. Only hue is changing like it’s supposed to work
– Fixed various issues with HUD
– On macOS HUD now should start as expected
– Now HUD runs on Adobe Illustrator in all scenarios
– Fixed various UI issues on Adobe Illustrator
– Improved Chinese UI translation
Limited time discounts:
MagicPicker 8 color wheel (35% off)
MagicTints, 2.4 1-click color matcher (50% off)
MagicSquire 5, professional brush manager (30% off)
MixColors 4, color mixer (30% off)
MagicRefs 2, reference manager (30% off)
DiskFonts 1.2, font manager (30% off)
Featuring the early upgrade bonus, see below!
Transparent HUD! OMG. Variable opacity. On/off Background Blurred Glass effect. Sliders Revolution! 10 NEW Color Spaces designed for artists, with Sliders under Color Wheel: Lab, L*c*h, Temperature, HSL, Gradient Blend, CMYK, CIE Luv, Grayscale, HSB, RGB. Pick colors. Arrange like you want! Drag, remove. Full CC 2022 support. More features, faster UI!
WHAT’S NEW in MagicPicker version 8.0:
* Full support of new Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator 2022, including Keyboard Shortcuts
* Graphics Framework improvements – UI now faster in scaling, resizing, animation, redraw etc
* HUD is faster
* Improved styling of UI, added small touches here and there
* Now works much better and updates better when working with subtle colors (hues/saturation around 2-3%)
- NEW! TRANSPARENT HUD – a new see-through experience! Change from Settings
– MagicPicker HUD now can be fully transparent so you could see where you’re working at
– Have only color wheel/color picker visible
– Transparency can be set in Settings from 0 to 100
– Adjust Transparency dynamically
– Activate Blur to blur background under panel
– Supports PRO Mode so you could only have round color wheel visible on the screen
– HUD is still resizeable in that state
– Supports all features of MagicPicker including sliders, boxes, etc
– Pops up under your cursor
- NEW! Have main panel in Compact Mode and MagicPicker HUD on the screen at the same time. Two main colors always visible and HUD appears on-demand under your cursor
- NEW! New fully cusomizable sliders in any combinations Supported:
– HSB, * HSL – more natural shade between black/white/current color, * Lab, * Lch/HCL – finally a human perception based color sliders, that preserve lightness & saturation of hues * CMYK, * Color Temperature, * Gradient between Foreground/Background (Blend), * CIE L*u*v*, * Grayscale, * RGB
– Add with a new + button on the left of sliders
– Delete individual sliders – drag by label and then drop to a Trash can on the bottom
– Keep single sliders and remove the others so you can have combinations like H,R,G,L or L*,S,B
– Freely rearrange by grabbing and moving! Move sliders up or down quickly
– All slider values are synced with your current color profile
– New sliders are compatible with PRO Mode, K-Lock and Tone Lock!
– Display exact values on mouse hover
– All sliders are fully dynamic and update in realtime
* Reset sliders – from the menu, to original combinations
- NEW! Reset color schemes – from MagicPicker menu. Will reset secondary colors to default position
- NEW! You asked for it!
* On Windows in Keyboard Shortcuts Ctrl no longer required. Now allowing F1, F2 etc. keys
- NEW! Illustrator: * Keyboard Shortcut to swap Fill/Stroke swatches on Illustrator (and Background/Foreground on Photoshop)
– Optimized to work with new Windows 11, macOS Big Sur, Monterey
– Improved memory handling, on some computers MagicPicker started to eat memory and slowed down after awhile, fixed that
– HUD round corners are back for all Windows users!
– Fixed a problem with setting vector shapes stroke colors on CC 2020, CC 2021 & CC 2022
– Improved assigning of keyboard shortcuts in varios scenarios
– Fixed problems with entering keyboard shortcuts in Adobe Illustrator in various scenarios
– MagicPicker now speaks more languages: Chinese, Spanish
– Fixed a rare problem on Adobe Illustrator where panel could stop updating its colors after some time
– Still supports Adobe CS4, CS5, CS5.5 and CS6 (also CC, CC2014, CC2015, CC2017, CC2019, 2020, 2021, 2022+)
– HUD Mode supports OpenGL and Metal GPU acceleration (if present) for transparency blur
– Transparent HUD optimized for better power management on laptops, Surface devices and MacBooks
– Transparent HUD optimized to run on older computers
– Fixed various minor UI problems
– All improvements implemented by real-life users’ feedback
You can now control your Photoshop Brush parameters with new interactive gauges and sliders. This gives you quick and direct access to brush parameters only crucial to your workflow.
Choose the parameters you need and arrange interactive Brush Controls on MagicSquire panel in #Photoshop.
Set colors, switch sliders/gauges.
- Simply click 🎛️ button
- Then grab, drag, delete or add with “+”
- Click the same 🎛️ button to exit edit mode
- Ready to rule your brush!
Now you will also have the same layout on the quick MagicSquire HUD popup under your cursor.
From series of tutorials for MagicSquire, advanced Photoshop brushes manager, now with Brush Controls!
MagicSquire 5 is your ☃️ personal Brush Companion. Customize it the way you want!
Set up separate 🖌 Brush Controls as a quick right-click HUD popup or use as a part of the panel. Combine with PRO Mode.
- Go to Settings and turn on HUD only controls Brush. After that you can set up keyboard shortcut to display HUD popup under your cursor where only Brush Controls are visible. If you turn it off you can display the whole panel in the HUD popup.
- Turn on PRO Mode from MagicSquire menu
Now compatible with Photoshop 2022!
From series of tutorials for MagicSquire, advanced Photoshop brushes manager and brush control panel
MagicSquire 5 – brush companion for Adobe Photoshop is updated to v5.1. Brush Controls — size, opacity, hardness etc. can be changed right from the panel or new HUD. Now with no lags. Auto-scroll with drag’n’drop improved, UI fixes, more.
– Fixed lag with Photoshop eyedropper and brush controls
– Improved UI, Scrolling, Dragging, Dropboxes and Buttons, Choosing Brush parameters for brush controls
– Fixed problems with varios Brush parameters: Spacing was turning off when set to zero, Pressure controls,
Opacity & Size were turning on Scatter, fixed setting of Flow and Opacity in various scenarios
– Improved loading of very large .tpl files (~1GB)
– Improved loading groups from varios .abr files
– Fixed a problem with losing stylus pressure on some configurations
– Now pressure switches for size and opacity can be set together
– Now allowing reselect current brush if its parameters have been changed
– Fixed lag in Photoshop when Brush Controls are activated
– Improved HUD behavior in Brush Controls-only mode
– Returned round corners to HUD on Windows
– Added Spanish localization
Watch MagicSquire 5 on video:
The video tutorial on all new features of MagicSquire, Photoshop brush organizer plugin is out!
MagicSquire 5.0: The Pro Brush Group Manager for Adobe Photoshop is updated! New version brings: Supercool Mini Brush Controls (size, opacity etc), Mass-Tagging, Change Stroke on multiple presets, scrolling drag’n’drop, fixes, much more!
Incredible improvement in visual performance when displaying and scaling brushes, opening/closing groups
and dragging/dropping brushes. Speeded up brush selection on large collections.
NEW! Customizeable Brush Controls!
– Add the following Brush Controls on top of MagicSquire:
Size, Flow, Opacity, Roundness, Hardness, Spacing, Size Jitter, Angle Jitter, Roundness Jitter,
Pressure controls Size, Pressure controls Opacity, Flip X, Flip Y, Scatter, Smoothing, Wet Edges,
Scatter Count, Scatter Count Jitter, Texture depth
Need more controls? Please write to https://anastasiy.com/support will be adding more later on!
– Display only the controls you need and hide ones you don’t need using Add/remove brush controls button
– Rearrange and assign accent colors to specific controls
– Several types of the controls: Gauge, Slider, Checkbox
– Change brush values with mouse tip or mouse wheel
– Display only Brush Controls in HUD while having list of presets on the panel
– Pops up under your cursor, if needed. Supports Sticky Mode
* You can always hide this new part of MagicSquire with a Hide button
NEW! Mass-tagging! You can now select unlimited brushes/tools and assign tags to them all at once!
You can also edit tags for multiple brushes
NEW! Edit appearance of multiple selected tools presets/brushes. You can select unlimited brush or tool presets
and change stroke type for all of them at once.
NEW! Revamped Edit Preset dialog when editing strokes/tags for multiple selected brushes
NEW! List now scrolls when you drag brushes, so now you can move brushes between far separated groups
NEW! Supports all new .abr files features introduced in recent Photoshops.
Now supports loading groups from modern .ABR files into groups in MagicSquire
NEW! Right-click menu (expanded) – now allows to edit selected presets
NEW! Clear search field with an “x” button that auto-appears when needed
NEW! Finally! Open/Close ALL GROUPS at once (New – Collapse All Groups/Expand All Groups in the MagicSquire menu)
– Saves and restores Painting Mode (Multiply/Overlay/Screen etc) of the Brush
– Fixed a long standing but rare problem when brushes loaded from files become missing
– Fixed problems when loading brushes from various .ABR and .TPL files, especially when loading
non-brush tool presets
– Improved UI
– Visual improvements and critical fixes:
– List would scroll after editing a brush – no more
– Fixed problems when clicking Cancel in Settings dialogs (some values weren’t cancelled)
– Fixed various dialogs, improved paddings and buttons
– Speeded up display of large amounts of brushes
– Fixed titles for some dialogs
– “Edit Tags” dialog now renamed to “Edit Preset”
– Fixed a problem when button in the empty group became unclickable
– Correctly switches Collections when Edit Collections dialog is open
– Keeps List View Mode synced between HUD and normal panel
– Greatly improved right-click menu behavior – especially when multiple brushes are selected
– Now doesn’t open by itself on Photoshop startup in some scenarios
– Improved compatibility with latest Photoshop CC 2021+
– Speeded up loading of huge .ABR files