MagicPicker 7.1 introduces new UI mode to Photoshop, you can now use it as a HUD Color Picker that ‘sticks’ to your keyboard shortcut (or pen button). Press the shortcut to show the panel, and release to hide! You can use all power of MagicPicker including Color Temperature Wheel, Color Schemes etc. in this mode!
Here’s the list of what’s new:
Added Sticky HUD mode:
– HUD shows up on key down and hides on key up (works with stylus buttons too)
– Go to MagicPicker Settings to activate Sticky mode for HUD
– You can run HUD in Sticky mode alongside with the main panel, having access both to MagicPicker HUD and current colors display when the HUD is hidden
Fixes and improvements:
– Fixed bugs in multi-monitor configurations and on external monitors
– Fixed problem with first brush stroke’s pressure/opacity when using keyboard shortcuts
– Fixed issue with upscaled icon on Adobe Illustrator
– Fixed bug with randomly disappearing panel on Photoshop start
– Fixed handling of Shift-based shortcut key combinations on Windows
– Solid Color Fill layer changes color only when Colorize Shapes & Text mode is active
– RGB/HSB sliders now update color values/name on color wheel (if shown) in realtime
– Improved HUD size handling on Adobe Illustrator
– Improved Keyboard Shortcut detection for various keyboard layouts
– Improved Keyboard Shortcut handling with multiple Photoshop Workspaces
“Sticky HUD” is the new quick mode of display of the panel since MagicPicker 7.1.
In this mode the panel “sticks” to the HUD Keyboard Shortcut. When you press the shortcut it will show the panel and you release the keyboard to hide it.
This allows you to choose the colors really quickly – the panel pops up at your current cursor position on the screen.
This mode is especially useful when using Wacom/Tablet Stylus pen. You can bind Pen’s side button to the same shortcut, so when you quickly press the Pen button it hides the HUD and you release the stylus button to immediately hide it.
New MagicPicker 7 is out, so you can now use it as a fully featured professional HUD popup for picking colors in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
*HUD is displayed exactly where you look at – under the cursor, so you don’t get distracted from your art.
Setting it up is really easy and quick!
1) Go to MagicPicker Settings and assign any keyboard shortcut to the HUD Mode. Even the simplest like Ctrl+H would work!
2*) If you want to display it when clicking a Stylus (Wacom or any other) button – just assign the same keyboard shortcut in its settings
3) That’s it! Now you click a button and MagicPicker will be available any time under your cursor.
This feature will work in Illustrator and Photoshop 2020, CC2019, CC2018, CC2017, CC2015 and CC2014.
Main features of the HUD:
– You can assign any keyboard shortcut to it
– It’s resizable – can be small or big, exactly what you want it to be
– Quickly hides by clicking outside
– All functions of MagicPicker work including uncluttered PRO Mode
– It’s fast and powered up by OpenGL/Metal
Anastasiy partners with Wacom to bring all our professional plugins and panels to Wacom devices through Wacom marketplace. Enjoy MagicPicker, MagicSquire and our other products on Cintiq, Intuos or Bamboo tablets!
Increase your creative performance with smart Compact Mode. Shrink our panels in Photoshop into informative small tiles that auto-magically expand with simple mouse movement. Zero clicks allow you to focus on your work. No right-clicks or crazy keyboard shortcuts anymore!