Use MagicPicker 9’s Cube 🔮, new color picker designed for quick digital art.
LDT stands for Lights, Darks, Temperature. And it’s much more than that.
When you move pointer vertically along cube sides it preserves perceived color lightness (same as Tone Lock in MagicPicker). Horizontally – keeps saturation, for any hue!
– Left side is darks
– Right is lights
– Top is temperature
To switch into the mode click “Color Wheel Triangle/Box/Diamond/etc” located on the top right of MagicPicker under Tone Lock button.
– Fixed problem with CMYK sliders and gradients in various scenarios
– Improved UI localization when activating panel, added link to license retrieval
– Improved activation on macOS Monterey
– Fixed: K-Lock was turning on when deleting individual C,M,Y or K sliders
⚡ MagicPicker 8.2 brings better scaling of new gradient Lab / L*c*h / Temperature / etc. color sliders. Fixed assigning of transparent colors to vector shapes, colorize multiple vector shapes, CMYK values, improved. Better CMYK/K-Lock, more for Photoshop & Illustrator:
– Fixed transparency indication on vector shapes (Photoshop and Illusrator). Now when clicking between Foreground and Background swatch transparency is displayed correctly in all scenarios
– Fixed problems with assigning transparency with Ctrl/Cmd click to colors
– In K-Locked mode color wouldn’t change in Photoshop after using Saturation/Brightness/Hue Keyboard Shortcuts – fixed
– CMYK sliders display correct values in all scenarios, when using different color spaces, RGB/CMYK document modes etc.
– Now sliders and color wheel can be accurately resized to its minimum in all scenarios
– Correctly assigns fill/stroke color to shapes if multiple selected on CC2021+
– Improved UI localization
– Available now on Photoshop and Illustrator 2022, 2021, 2020, CC 2019, CC 2018, CC 2017, CC 2015, CC 2014, CS5, CS6, CC
– much more
– Fixed a long standing problem when panel was blank sometimes, immediate after starting Photoshop
– Fixed Lab sliders’ L position
– Fixed a problem with h* slider of L*c*h color space. When moving this slider color preserves brightness and saturation of current color now. Only hue is changing like it’s supposed to work
– Fixed various issues with HUD
– On macOS HUD now should start as expected
– Now HUD runs on Adobe Illustrator in all scenarios
– Fixed various UI issues on Adobe Illustrator
– Improved Chinese UI translation
New version improves Tone Lock, Color Temperature Wheel and K-Lock (that lets keep K value of CMYK on the same level) when working with the Photoshop’s eyedropper. Improves Interactive Help and YUV color space mode. Changing colors of Fill & Stroke of Vector Shapes in Photoshop got better and more straightforward!
Detailed list of improvements:
– Improved UI on hi-res displays
– Improved Color Temperature Wheel behavior
– Improved and expanded Interactive Help
– MagicPicker now correctly detects if shape is selected in all possible cases
– Fixed oversized text behavior when changing text color in Photoshop with MagicPicker
– Fixed problems with oversized Tone Lock icon
– Improved K-Lock behavior with eyedropper
– Improved and speeded up animations
– Improves YUV color space mode on calibrated screens
– Speeded up various parts of MagicPicker interface on CC2015/2015.5
– Improved performance on CS6, CS5, CS4 and CS3
It’s easily possible with MagicPicker! In the Color Temperature Wheel mode switch on Tone Lock and start shifting the slider on the wheel. This option lets you quickly find corresponding colors having the same brightness for lights and shadows or for foreground and background. Or keep the same brightness level across the surface when editing textures.