New MagicPicker’s superpower is ability to easily work with Fill & Stroke colors of Shapes (and Text) in Adobe Photoshop.
To use it:
1) Open MagicPicker’s fly-out menu on the top right
2) select Colorizes Shapes and Text*.
3) Select a Shape layer (or text layer) – MagicPicker will automatically switch to Vector mode
4) Change its color with one click on the color wheel!
MagicPicker 5.0 supports advanced professional design tools for modifying Shapes and Shape groups all at once:
– Assign transparent color with Ctrl(or ⌘)-click on the color swatches
– Rotate Hue° of the multiple shapes – select a group of shape layers and move Hue° slider
– Exchange colors of Fill & Stroke with Exchange button on the MagicPicker panel
– Assign Black & White colors with one click on the B&W button
Even more tools for creating best designs with the plugin:
– Use Tone Lock to keep colors of all the selected shapes in the same range of brightness
– Use Color Temperature Wheel to make all your shapes warmer or colder as you select group of layers
It’s easily possible with MagicPicker! In the Color Temperature Wheel mode switch on Tone Lock and start shifting the slider on the wheel. This option lets you quickly find corresponding colors having the same brightness for lights and shadows or for foreground and background. Or keep the same brightness level across the surface when editing textures.
If you want to quickly tune color’s temperature while working in the classic color wheel mode – ALT-click on the Triangle/Box/Diamond modes button. The MagicPicker will switch to the Color Temperature Wheel mode and if you ALT-click the button again it will bring you back to the previous state of the color wheel!
Works in MagicPicker since version 4.3. Works in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator CC 2015, CC 2014, CC, CS6, CS5, CS4 and CS3.
Did you know you can quickly change hue of the background color in MagicPicker while keeping its perceived brightness (tone)? Just press ALT + SHIFT while clicking and moving the cursor on the color wheel (or just ALT or your pen’s button with Tone Lock On). That lets you keep background color within the same gamut very easily and achieve constant organic coloration across your painting/design/photography/artwork.
Works with Color Temperature Wheel and on the color pane in H(SB) mode. In Color Temperature Wheel mode it will let you keep background color’s perceived brightness while changing its temperature.
MagicPicker 4 introduces a new innovative color tool – color temperature wheel.
In Photoshop or Illustrator with a single turn of the wheel you can change the temperature of the colors you pick. Get the exact colors for the lights, darks, on the sun, in the shadows, within the cool or warm gamma. Adding Tone Lock you can find the corresponding colors within different temperatures while keeping the same brightness.
To change the temperature of the colors:
1) Click the button on the top right of MagicPicker that switches between triangle/box and diamond modes until you reach the Color Temperature Wheel mode
2) Move the rectangular slider around the warm/cold wheel to change the temperature
3) Move the pointer inside the rectangle to choose colors with the same warmness/coldness
4*) You can use Tone Lock to keep the same brightness of the color
In addition to Triangle, Box and Diamond modes of the color wheel new MagicPicker adds Color Temperature Wheel mode. It lets you limit your color gamut to only warm or only cool colors (will be covered later in more detail). To switch modes click on the button on the top right to get the he tool best matching your painting style and a better color coverage in shades and saturation! You can also ALT-click to quickly switch to the Color Temperature mode.
Happy to announce new MagicPicker 4.0 – our most innovative update to the Color Wheel/Color Picking panel. Rewritten from the ground up MagicPicker supports new Adobe CC 2014 platform (Photoshop and Illustrator), brings new Color Temperature Wheel for separating cold/warm colors. Brings (optional) BIG color swatches for better color perception and new color engine optimized for speed. Tone Lock 2.0 lets you keep color’s tone while changing hue or saturation and now works with sliders. Color schemes improvements, more features – all supported across CC2014, CC, CS6, CS5, CS4 and CS3 platforms.