It’s easy to automatically get complementary color in background swatch in Photoshop with MagicPicker!
1) Alt-click on one side of the color wheel to set background
2) Click on the opposite side of the color wheel to set foreground color to the complementary color
3) Click “Link” next to color swatches on MagicPicker
That’s it! Now after you rotate the wheel background color will automatically be kept complementary to the foreground color.
*Works in Adobe Illustrator too! Works with Adobe CS3, CS4, CS5, CS6, CC, CC2014, CC2015, CC2017, CC2018.
You can exchange fill and stroke colors for vector shapes in Photoshop even when one of them is transparent – with a single click. Just activate “Colorize Shapes & Text”, pick a shape and click the Exchange button on MagicPicker panel.
Anastasiy’s Photoshop Panels website is all new! Better navigation, better information layout, better access to your favorite Adobe® Photoshop and Illustrator panels for expert brush management, advanced color picking, collecting fonts and more. Loved by industry professionals worldwide!
MagicPicker 5.2 introduces improvements by users’ feedback. Here’s what’s new:
– Faster handling of Fill/Stroke colors for shapes, shape groups, small shape groups, large shape groups, groups of large shapes and small shapes and text in all scenarios. Shortly speaking MagicPicker is now the true magic master of shapes and text in Photoshop and Illustrator. Select shapes to quickly change their color, that’s it!
– Interactive Help now correctly shows interactive tips on color name and YUV values
– R/G/B, H/S/B, C/M/Y/K boxes are now faster on Photoshop CC2015.5
– Background color swatch selection in BIG swatches mode is no longer delayed
– RGB/HSB Sliders on the bottom are now scaled correctly. Always
– Speeded up various parts of MagicPicker interface on CC2015/2015.5 (yeah, it’s quicker with every update)
– Improved installation on Illustrator CC2015.3
– Fixed gray window on Photoshop CS4
It’s easily possible with MagicPicker! In the Color Temperature Wheel mode switch on Tone Lock and start shifting the slider on the wheel. This option lets you quickly find corresponding colors having the same brightness for lights and shadows or for foreground and background. Or keep the same brightness level across the surface when editing textures.
MagicPicker is designed to be easily dockable and to fit automatically any kind of Photoshop or Illustrator environment. In any combination with other panels, like Layers, Brushes it will smartly take up your space. With quick access to all of its numerous controls and modes.
Use MagicPicker in horizontal or vertical layout inside your favorite Adobe software. Dock it to any part of the interface or leave as a standalone panel. Or even keep it incredibly small in Compact Mode if you’re a fan of ascetic UI configuration!
Pick foreground or background colors separately with MagicPicker. Click the appropriate color swatch on the panel to make it active in Adobe Photoshop. In Adobe Illustrator switch between Stroke and Fill colors
K-Lock lets you keep your colors bright in CMYK and decrease K level to 10% or zero in any given color! You can make colors darker or brighter while keeping value of K the same so they all come out vivid when printing. Just set the value and then click the button to lock it down. You can adjust K on the fly in that mode making colors even darker!
One of the biggest support cases is the knowledge of keyboard modifiers in MagicPicker. Basically it’s three of them: ALT, SHIFT and CTRL/CMD. And here they go in one place altogether!
Don’t forget that you can use a combination of them as well! Like Pressing ALT+SHIFT on the color wheel will change background color while keeping the color’s tone with temporary Tone Lock last the same time!