Magic Eraser – turn any Tool into an Eraser, Advanced Group Export to .tpl/.abr with cross-convertion, new Color Picker for Groups, more!
– Alt-click now works with tools! Use saved Pencil as Mixer Brush and vice versa!
– Magic Eraser: click on the new “Turn current Tool into Eraser” button to use any Brush or Tool Preset you select as an Eraser. Instantly switches to Eraser mode keeping brush shape and other parameters intact. Alt-click on Magic Eraser to switch it permanently.
– With Advanced Export groups can be exported and converted to brushes and back (depending on a target format). Easily convert betweet .tpl and .abr Tool Presets! Exports filtered results when using search.
– Performance boost on Photoshop CS5/CS6!
– Improved list mode
– Fixed a bug with loading specific .ABR files on Photoshop CC2018+
– Fixed a bug when size of the brush wasn’t properly saved on Photoshop CC2018+
– Fixed loading of Photoshop CC2018+ brushes when sometimes they weren’t loaded as tool presets
– Fixed “consistency” error that some users faced on CC2018+
– Small bug fixes
– Speedups and optimizations
– Optimizations to UI and drag’n’drop on Photoshop CS6
– Added panel loading progress on Photoshop CS6
This only affects Windows/Adobe Photoshop CC Users that have installed Windows Creators Fall Update. The symptoms in Photoshop CC may include (but not limited to):
The stylus is lagging when you click and press on the panel
You can click and select a color with it, but you can’t drag the sliders
The plugin won’t recognize the stylus when pressing and moving across the color picking areas
If you click on the panel with Wacom pen then the color updates. But if I press and drag the panel does nothing. You can only tap
When you want to pick a color and move it with Pro Pen on Cintiq then you can’t move it. Only double click works. Also it still works with mouse
You loose pen pressure sensitivity on Photoshop
All those problems are connected to Photoshop CC’s bug with stylus and tablet, in most cases it’s a Wacom tablet-only problem but it affects other tablets as well.
The good news it’s very easy to fix! Please do the following (the fix bellow applies to all versions of Photoshop you just need to replace Photoshop’s version in the path):
1) Go to your Wacom preferences and disable “Windows Ink” or “Windows Freehand” (the name depends on your Wacom drivers version) This is not all! After this step you will probably lose pen pressure sensitivity, so follow next steps to avoid it:
2) Go to C:\Users\“YOURNAME”\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC2018\Adobe Photoshop CC2018 Settings\ and modify a file called PSUserConfig.txt (create a new file if ot doesn’t exist). You need to add the following lines: # Use WinTab UseSystemStylus 0
That’s it! Those simple steps will make sure you will keep pressure sensitivity on your tablet while fixing the problem with Adobe Photoshop.
While exporting your brush presets as tool presets in Photoshop CC2018 and above you may face the message from MagicSquire asking you to answer “No” in the “Would you like to create a brush preset instead?” dialog:
Please do the following:
1) Click on the “Don’t show again” checkmark to make sure it’s checked
2) Click “No” in the dialog
This will help MagicSquire to export your presets without any hassle. The reason to this message is that new Photoshop (starting from version CC2018) can keep your Tool Presets in Brushes panel. If you answer “Yes” you won’t be able to export Tool Presets anymore but you’ll be able to export Brush Presets from MagicSquire.
Use Live Search on Brush or Tool Presets in new MagicSquire 2.2, and then you can Drag’n’drop, Delete or Edit filtered brushes without clearing the search field! Quickly rearrange only specific #Photoshop brushes and tools inside groups.
In addition to that MagicSquire 2.2 update features:
– Improved behavior on CS5/CS6, including drag’n’drop in some scenarios
– Fixed a problem when a .tpl file could not be loaded when tools were named in a specific way
– Fixed a rare issue connected to Tool Presets on CS5/CS6 which led to a panel crash
– Fixed loading of very large groups on CS5/CS6
– CS6: Fixed selection problems in varios list modes
– Improved quality of icons for Tool Presets
– Improved drag’n’drop on Photoshop CC in Horizontal layout
– Improved UI on Photoshop CC2015 and CC2014
MagicPicker color wheel panel 5.3:
– Improvements to Compact Mode
– Support for recent Adobe platform updates
– Improved right-click behavior in Color Scheme mode
– Improved Compact Mode
– Improved activation
– Fixed linking background and foreground in Traditional Color Wheel mode
– Improved Color Temperature Wheel in different scenarious
– Improved loading time of the panel