In addition to Triangle, Box,Diamond and Color Temperature modes of the MagicPicker color wheel panel recent version 6.3 adds LDT Color Cube mode.
LDT Color Cube mode lets you adjust shaded/saturated color preserving its perceived brightness and on the same color space adjust color temperature. To switch modes click on the button on the top right to get the tool best matching your painting style and a better color coverage in shades and saturation!
Works in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop CS3, CS4, CS5, CS6, CC, CC2014, CC2015, CC2017, CC2018, CC2019.
– Assign Keyboard Shortcuts to: Increase/Decrease Color Brightness, Temperature, Hue, Toggle Color Scheme, K-Lock, Tone Lock, Compact Mode, HSB/RGB sliders, Switch Color Triangle/Box/Diamond/Temperature/LDT-Cube, Copy color hex to Clipboard, Toggle panel on/off
– Assign shortcuts directly from MagicPicker Settings dialog
– Adjust steps for parameters increase/decrease from the same dialog
– Supports special keys of extended Keyboards and devices that emulate key presses.
– LDT-Cube Color Picker – most natural Color Space for digital artists. Pick separately on three Light, Dark and Temperature-based color sides at the same time!
– Move horizontally to adjust brightness, top side adjusts color temperature
– Move vertically to adjust saturation while keeping color’s brightness
– Super clean stylish look with new PRO Mode. Hide all buttons and move UI elements out of your way! Click MagicPicker menu -> PRO Mode to toggle it.
– Pantone Solid Coated/Uncoated, L*c*h* support
– Tooltips for UI elements! Switch them on/off in Settings if you feel they’re too much
– All features available now for Photoshop and Illustrator CS3, CS4, CS5, CS6, CC, CC2014, CC2015, CC2017, CC2018+
New version improves Tone Lock, Color Temperature Wheel and K-Lock (that lets keep K value of CMYK on the same level) when working with the Photoshop’s eyedropper. Improves Interactive Help and YUV color space mode. Changing colors of Fill & Stroke of Vector Shapes in Photoshop got better and more straightforward!
Detailed list of improvements:
– Improved UI on hi-res displays
– Improved Color Temperature Wheel behavior
– Improved and expanded Interactive Help
– MagicPicker now correctly detects if shape is selected in all possible cases
– Fixed oversized text behavior when changing text color in Photoshop with MagicPicker
– Fixed problems with oversized Tone Lock icon
– Improved K-Lock behavior with eyedropper
– Improved and speeded up animations
– Improves YUV color space mode on calibrated screens
– Speeded up various parts of MagicPicker interface on CC2015/2015.5
– Improved performance on CS6, CS5, CS4 and CS3
New MagicPicker’s superpower is ability to easily work with Fill & Stroke colors of Shapes (and Text) in Adobe Photoshop.
To use it:
1) Open MagicPicker’s fly-out menu on the top right
2) select Colorizes Shapes and Text*.
3) Select a Shape layer (or text layer) – MagicPicker will automatically switch to Vector mode
4) Change its color with one click on the color wheel!
MagicPicker 5.0 supports advanced professional design tools for modifying Shapes and Shape groups all at once:
– Assign transparent color with Ctrl(or ⌘)-click on the color swatches
– Rotate Hue° of the multiple shapes – select a group of shape layers and move Hue° slider
– Exchange colors of Fill & Stroke with Exchange button on the MagicPicker panel
– Assign Black & White colors with one click on the B&W button
Even more tools for creating best designs with the plugin:
– Use Tone Lock to keep colors of all the selected shapes in the same range of brightness
– Use Color Temperature Wheel to make all your shapes warmer or colder as you select group of layers
Keep colors bright or dark when rotating Hue° while saving low level of K ink of CMYK – all at once! That lets you find colors on the color wheel within the same dynamic gamut range that look bright when printed! To do that switch on both Tone Lock and K-Lock in MagicPicker – they work together very well! Then rotate Hue° on the color wheel and you will see how MagicPicker adjusts the color so it sustains same perceived brightness and the same K value!
This technique works in Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop CS6, CC, CC2014, CC2015, CS5, CS4 and CS3.