– New improved design
– Improved color mixing algorithm
– Full compatibility with Adobe Creative Cloud and Photoshop CC
– Performance improvements
– Improved panel behavior when it’s very small
– UI improvements for small displays
– UI optimizations
– Link to assign keyboard shortcut from inside the panel (fly-out menu -> Keyboard shortcut…)
– Press, hold and move mouse on numerical HSB/RGB/CMYK boxes to quickly change the numbers
– Improved CC support, improved Illustrator support
– Improved loading performance!
– Small UI fixes
– Fixed a small glitch on selected ATI Radeon cards on Windows
– Improved speed and behavior of the color pane in HSB and RGB modes
– Improved HSB/RGB modes behavior with eyedropper
New MagicPicker 3 increases flexibility of HSB/RGB sliders. Now you can scale them down to thin subtle lines that don’t obscure or block you from picking colors on the color wheel! Or scale them up to the big bold rulers. While having a precise color picking instrument in Photoshop and Illustrator.
Click and drag the divider between sliders and the color wheel/color picker to increase or decrease the size of the sliders.
This is our 30th tutorial where I’ll show you the 3 ways of picking secondary colors on the color wheel in Illustrator and Photoshop from MagicPicker panel. You asked many times how to do it and here it is. You can 1) Ctrl(Cmd)-click, 2) right-click or 3) double click the secondary color automatically calculated by MagicPicker. You can do it with any color scheme – complement, triad, tetrad, anagogic or accented analogic.
This time I will tell you how to toggle MagicPicker color wheel panel with a shortcut. You can open and close the panel with the same keyboard shortcut!
This is a Photoshop solution currently, we’re working to make it for Illustrator as well!
1) Download this script
2) Unpack and put file MagicPickerToggle.jsx into Presets/Scripts folder
3) Now launch Photoshop and click Edit -> Keyboard shortcuts… and assign a new shortcut for File / Scripts / MagicPickerToggle
*Note – in Photoshop CS3 you can skip steps 1,2 and assign shortcut to File / Scripts / Run MagicPicker
Make your MagicPicker minimalistic with only necessary information visible. Enlarge MagicPicker and click on the double arrow near HSB/RGB switches to hide color wheel/color pane/RGB/HSB buttons. Click again to unhide it
You can easily refer to precise values of the colors you pick with RGB/HSB sliders in MagicPicker color wheel panel. Click small triangles to display the smart rulers with numbers. Hide/show them individually. The rulers display more information as you resize the panel! #PS and #AI compatible.
In Adobe Illustrator MagicPicker color wheel panel automatically keeps the colors you choose from RGB/HSB color space in CMYK gamut. So all the colors from color wheel in your graphics automatically come in print-ready color space
*MagicPicker supports Adobe Illustrator CC, CS6, CS5.5, CS5, CS4 and CS3 since version 3.0. Photoshop CC, CS6, CS5.5, CS5, CS4, CS3 are supported.