NEW! HUD Mode! Popup MagicPicker anywhere on the screen under your cursor.
– Displayed via a keyboard shortcut (defined in Settings)
– Displayed via a stylus button click (if button click is assigned to that shortcut)
– Displayed by clicking “HUD Mode” button on the panel
– Works in Photoshop AND Illustrator
– Interactive and fully functional HUD! All MagicPicker functions work including Color Scheme switch etc
– When in HUD Mode all keyboard shortcuts work without running MagicPicker from Extensions menu Read how to assign keyboard or stylus shortcut to MagicPicker HUD
NEW! Color values on the wheel are now displayed in real time as you move your mouse/stylus
– So you can see what are you picking right away
NEW! New Keyboard Shortcuts to new MagicPicker functions:
* Swap current color for its complementary
* Swap current color for its complementary keeping color’s brightness (Tone Lock’ed)
NEW! MagicPicker now affects Solid fill color of selected layer when Colorize Shapes and Text is on.
– It can shift hue in multiple selected colored fills if multiple layers are activated and
hue on the color wheel is shifted
NEW! Snap color to the 10’s on the ruler
– Also Ctrl- or Cmd-click HSB or RGB sliders to round to the closest of 10, 20, 30 etc
NEW! Full size preview of the current color!
– ALT-clicking on the foreground/background color swatch brings huge color preview the size of the whole panel
NEW! Auto-copy current color values to Clipboard. You pick a color and its values are automatically in the clipboard
– Ctrl- or Cmd-click on the Copy values button to activate it
– New updated and speeded up modern UI framework, that supports all modern GPU features
– MagicPicker 7 is again the fastest color wheel in your environment!
– Optimized for better power management on laptops, Surface devices and MacBooks
– Optimized to run on older computers
– Still supports Adobe CS4, CS5, CS5.5 and CS6 (also CC, CC2014, CC2015, CC2017, CC2019, CC2020+)
– Optimized to support latest Photoshop 2020 (Illustrator too)
– Tone Lock supports new color spaces
– HUD Mode supports OpenGL and Metal GPU acceleration (if present) for instant color picking via a popup
– HUD Mode can be activated via shortcut without running MagicPicker from Photoshop menu
– Better support of Surface Book and Surface Pro
– Better support of non-Wacom tablets
– Improved Shift behavior on color wheel for changing colors slightly
– More Keyboard Shortcuts
– New Keyboard Shortcuts smartly support traditional color wheel mode when it’s active
– More than 25 keyboard shortcuts for faster and more handy color adjustment
– HUD mode supports PRO mode features
– Improved UI performance in different scenarios
– Fixed various minor UI problems
– Improved loading speed, especially in new HUD mode
– Compact Mode is still supported together with HUD
– Optimized to work with macOS Catalina, new Windows 10 updates
– Correctly works with XDR and HDR displays (on OpenGL supported GPUs)
– All improvements implemented by real-life users’ feedback
New MagicPicker 7 is out, so you can now use it as a fully featured professional HUD popup for picking colors in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
*HUD is displayed exactly where you look at – under the cursor, so you don’t get distracted from your art.
Setting it up is really easy and quick!
1) Go to MagicPicker Settings and assign any keyboard shortcut to the HUD Mode. Even the simplest like Ctrl+H would work!
2*) If you want to display it when clicking a Stylus (Wacom or any other) button – just assign the same keyboard shortcut in its settings
3) That’s it! Now you click a button and MagicPicker will be available any time under your cursor.
This feature will work in Illustrator and Photoshop 2020, CC2019, CC2018, CC2017, CC2015 and CC2014.
Main features of the HUD:
– You can assign any keyboard shortcut to it
– It’s resizable – can be small or big, exactly what you want it to be
– Quickly hides by clicking outside
– All functions of MagicPicker work including uncluttered PRO Mode
– It’s fast and powered up by OpenGL/Metal
– NEW! Right-click on the brush to quickly move it to any group, pick group by name
– NEW! Directly drag’n’drop .abr and .tpl files on the panel to load them as groups! Works only on Photoshop CC and higher
– Added new option in the menu – “Optimize brushes” that rebuilds brush database to avoid possible errors
– Fixed: In some scenarios Photoshop window deactivated after loading brushes from files
– Improved selection of newly created brushes on CS6 in various scenarios
– Improved compatibility with CC2019 in various scenarios
– Improved keyboard shortcut detection
– Improved handling of Dual Brushes when rendering strokes and creating new brushes
– In PRO Mode checkmark next to corresponding panel’s menu item is now correctly displayed when it’s active
MagicRefs offers a deep integration with Photoshop. Without switching panels or software, with a single click inside your document you can insert a reference image from MagicRefs group into a new Smart Object.
Just click “Insert into Document” button. Works with multiple images.