MagicPicker color wheel panel 5.3:
– Improvements to Compact Mode
– Support for recent Adobe platform updates
– Improved right-click behavior in Color Scheme mode
– Improved Compact Mode
– Improved activation
– Fixed linking background and foreground in Traditional Color Wheel mode
– Improved Color Temperature Wheel in different scenarious
– Improved loading time of the panel
– Various optimizations and speed improvements to UI & loading brushes, in many scenarios speed improved by 5x, especially on Photoshop CC 2014/2015/2017
– Loading of multiple brush (and tool presets) .ABR/.TPL files at once is now supported
– New default colors for groups!
– Fixed Compact Mode on Photoshop CC 2017.1.1 and above
– Fixed messaging
– Small bug fixes
With MagicPicker you can pick colors on the Traditional Color Wheel – a color wheel based on 12 basic colors used in traditional painting. That allows you to pick colors having relationship based on physical pigments of the paints. For example in this color scheme complement colors red is the opposite to green and yellow is opposite to purple. This color wheel is often referred to as Itten’s Color Wheel.
Switch to this mode by clicking on the button to the right-bottom of the color wheel.
MagicPicker 4 introduces new mode for the Tone Lock.
With new Tone Lock 2.0 you can easily build a uniform and natural palette within the gamut of your choice. Change hue (and now saturation!) of the color and MagicPicker will automagically find the closest matching colors with the same percieved brightness (or tone). Works on color wheel and with the regular color box picker.
Happy to announce new MagicPicker 4.0 – our most innovative update to the Color Wheel/Color Picking panel. Rewritten from the ground up MagicPicker supports new Adobe CC 2014 platform (Photoshop and Illustrator), brings new Color Temperature Wheel for separating cold/warm colors. Brings (optional) BIG color swatches for better color perception and new color engine optimized for speed. Tone Lock 2.0 lets you keep color’s tone while changing hue or saturation and now works with sliders. Color schemes improvements, more features – all supported across CC2014, CC, CS6, CS5, CS4 and CS3 platforms.
Press SHIFT while dragging the pointer on the color wheel (or the stripe in the color pane mode) to bring the colors you pick to the same tone. SHIFT activates temporary Tone Lock mode (usually switched on with the button). While moving your mouse MagicPicker will bring all the colors you choose to the same gamma.
MagicPicker 3.1 helps you to assign keyboard shortcut to the panel from the menu! So you will always have your color wheel at your fingertips.
Just click MagicPicker’s fly-out menu -> Keyboard shortcut… and follow the steps. In the end you will have MagicPicker in the list of all of your keyboard shortcuts in Photoshop so you can change it later on! The shortcut will toggle MagicPicker on or off very quickly.
– New improved design
– Improved color mixing algorithm
– Full compatibility with Adobe Creative Cloud and Photoshop CC
– Performance improvements
– Improved panel behavior when it’s very small
– UI improvements for small displays
– UI optimizations