This only affects Windows/Adobe Photoshop CC Users that have installed Windows Creators Fall Update. The symptoms in Photoshop CC may include (but not limited to):
The stylus is lagging when you click and press on the panel
You can click and select a color with it, but you can’t drag the sliders
The plugin won’t recognize the stylus when pressing and moving across the color picking areas
If you click on the panel with Wacom pen then the color updates. But if I press and drag the panel does nothing. You can only tap
When you want to pick a color and move it with Pro Pen on Cintiq then you can’t move it. Only double click works. Also it still works with mouse
You loose pen pressure sensitivity on Photoshop
All those problems are connected to Photoshop CC’s bug with stylus and tablet, in most cases it’s a Wacom tablet-only problem but it affects other tablets as well.
The good news it’s very easy to fix! Please do the following (the fix bellow applies to all versions of Photoshop you just need to replace Photoshop’s version in the path):
1) Go to your Wacom preferences and disable “Windows Ink” or “Windows Freehand” (the name depends on your Wacom drivers version) This is not all! After this step you will probably lose pen pressure sensitivity, so follow next steps to avoid it:
2) Go to C:\Users\“YOURNAME”\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC2018\Adobe Photoshop CC2018 Settings\ and modify a file called PSUserConfig.txt (create a new file if ot doesn’t exist). You need to add the following lines: # Use WinTab UseSystemStylus 0
That’s it! Those simple steps will make sure you will keep pressure sensitivity on your tablet while fixing the problem with Adobe Photoshop.
It’s easy to automatically get complementary color in background swatch in Photoshop with MagicPicker!
1) Alt-click on one side of the color wheel to set background
2) Click on the opposite side of the color wheel to set foreground color to the complementary color
3) Click “Link” next to color swatches on MagicPicker
That’s it! Now after you rotate the wheel background color will automatically be kept complementary to the foreground color.
*Works in Adobe Illustrator too! Works with Adobe CS3, CS4, CS5, CS6, CC, CC2014, CC2015, CC2017, CC2018.
You can exchange fill and stroke colors for vector shapes in Photoshop even when one of them is transparent – with a single click. Just activate “Colorize Shapes & Text”, pick a shape and click the Exchange button on MagicPicker panel.
MagicPicker color wheel panel 5.3:
– Improvements to Compact Mode
– Support for recent Adobe platform updates
– Improved right-click behavior in Color Scheme mode
– Improved Compact Mode
– Improved activation
– Fixed linking background and foreground in Traditional Color Wheel mode
– Improved Color Temperature Wheel in different scenarious
– Improved loading time of the panel
Anastasiy’s Photoshop Panels website is all new! Better navigation, better information layout, better access to your favorite Adobe® Photoshop and Illustrator panels for expert brush management, advanced color picking, collecting fonts and more. Loved by industry professionals worldwide!
MagicPicker 5.2 introduces improvements by users’ feedback. Here’s what’s new:
– Faster handling of Fill/Stroke colors for shapes, shape groups, small shape groups, large shape groups, groups of large shapes and small shapes and text in all scenarios. Shortly speaking MagicPicker is now the true magic master of shapes and text in Photoshop and Illustrator. Select shapes to quickly change their color, that’s it!
– Interactive Help now correctly shows interactive tips on color name and YUV values
– R/G/B, H/S/B, C/M/Y/K boxes are now faster on Photoshop CC2015.5
– Background color swatch selection in BIG swatches mode is no longer delayed
– RGB/HSB Sliders on the bottom are now scaled correctly. Always
– Speeded up various parts of MagicPicker interface on CC2015/2015.5 (yeah, it’s quicker with every update)
– Improved installation on Illustrator CC2015.3
– Fixed gray window on Photoshop CS4
New MagicPicker’s superpower is ability to easily work with Fill & Stroke colors of Shapes (and Text) in Adobe Photoshop.
To use it:
1) Open MagicPicker’s fly-out menu on the top right
2) select Colorizes Shapes and Text*.
3) Select a Shape layer (or text layer) – MagicPicker will automatically switch to Vector mode
4) Change its color with one click on the color wheel!
MagicPicker 5.0 supports advanced professional design tools for modifying Shapes and Shape groups all at once:
– Assign transparent color with Ctrl(or ⌘)-click on the color swatches
– Rotate Hue° of the multiple shapes – select a group of shape layers and move Hue° slider
– Exchange colors of Fill & Stroke with Exchange button on the MagicPicker panel
– Assign Black & White colors with one click on the B&W button
Even more tools for creating best designs with the plugin:
– Use Tone Lock to keep colors of all the selected shapes in the same range of brightness
– Use Color Temperature Wheel to make all your shapes warmer or colder as you select group of layers
New MagicPicker 5 brings new feature! Display HSL/HSB/RGB/CMYK/YUV/YCbCr values in realtime on the corner of color wheel with MagicPicker 5! It lets you also display current color’s name. Ever wondered how “Crioiser Blue” or “Pastel orange” look like exactly? We got you covered! Even when bottom color sliders are hidden and color boxes are unavailable you can see current color’s name or values.
To use new feature:
1) Click on three dots on the left botton of the color wheel
2) Continue clicking to switch between modes!
3*) To copy current color’s values to clipboard click once small copy button near the values