If you have updated to macOS 10.15 Catalina you may have noticed that MagicTints panel stopped working in Adobe Photoshop CC, Illustrator CC or InDesign CC. You cannot apply color correction and match colors between layers. Some users reported errors like “MagicTints1.jsx cannot be opened because developer cannot be verified” and “Could not color match the following layers…”.
Don’t worry, there’s a fix for that! Please do the following (see below):
Please note that I don’t recommend to update to macOS Catalina yet as Photoshop itself may act strangely, there are problems with UI Scaling and other plugins. Hopefully Apple and Adobe would provide a fix soon. We will also publish the new update MagicTints that doesn’t require any additional scripts to run.
– NEW! Right-click on the brush to quickly move it to any group, pick group by name
– NEW! Directly drag’n’drop .abr and .tpl files on the panel to load them as groups! Works only on Photoshop CC and higher
– Added new option in the menu – “Optimize brushes” that rebuilds brush database to avoid possible errors
– Fixed: In some scenarios Photoshop window deactivated after loading brushes from files
– Improved selection of newly created brushes on CS6 in various scenarios
– Improved compatibility with CC2019 in various scenarios
– Improved keyboard shortcut detection
– Improved handling of Dual Brushes when rendering strokes and creating new brushes
– In PRO Mode checkmark next to corresponding panel’s menu item is now correctly displayed when it’s active
MagicTints — quickly switch any image’s colors. New-gen pro Color Matching between images… that works! Adjust mood, bring multiple images to the same color palette. All in 1 click!
– Bring multiple images/layers to the color and aesthetics of existing image
– Switch lighting conditions or mood of any concept art, photo or texture
– Bring objects to background/matte color in 1 click
– Keep original micro-contrast, dynamic range, subtle details
– Forget LUTs. No late night tuning. Works in seconds
– Smartest color correction ever! Accuracy on subpixel level. Machine Learning core handles 8K+ resolutions
– Supports Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Lightroom CC, XD CC, Affinity Photo, Sketch, iOS, Windows, macOS, Android (standalone)
– uses MagicPicker UI engine for faster speeds
MagicRefs offers a deep integration with Photoshop. Without switching panels or software, with a single click inside your document you can insert a reference image from MagicRefs group into a new Smart Object.
Just click “Insert into Document” button. Works with multiple images.