Keep colors bright or dark when rotating Hue° while saving low level of K ink of CMYK – all at once! That lets you find colors on the color wheel within the same dynamic gamut range that look bright when printed! To do that switch on both Tone Lock and K-Lock in MagicPicker – they work together very well! Then rotate Hue° on the color wheel and you will see how MagicPicker adjusts the color so it sustains same perceived brightness and the same K value!
This technique works in Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop CS6, CC, CC2014, CC2015, CS5, CS4 and CS3.
It’s easily possible with MagicPicker! In the Color Temperature Wheel mode switch on Tone Lock and start shifting the slider on the wheel. This option lets you quickly find corresponding colors having the same brightness for lights and shadows or for foreground and background. Or keep the same brightness level across the surface when editing textures.
Install, Remove, Update, Manage any extensions on Adobe Creative Cloud & Creative Suite easily! Anastasiy’s Extension Manager is finally out of beta and is free!
WHAT’S NEW IN V1.24:
– Supports all .zxp and .mxp extensions, including 3rd party plugins
– Windows & Mac OS X compatible – native app for both platforms!
– Full Adobe CS5, CS6, CC, CC2014, CC2015 and CC2016 support (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Premiere Pro, Flash Pro, Fireworks)
– Bugs fixed and UI is improved by users’ feedback
Pick foreground or background colors separately with MagicPicker. Click the appropriate color swatch on the panel to make it active in Adobe Photoshop. In Adobe Illustrator switch between Stroke and Fill colors
K-Lock lets you keep your colors bright in CMYK and decrease K level to 10% or zero in any given color! You can make colors darker or brighter while keeping value of K the same so they all come out vivid when printing. Just set the value and then click the button to lock it down. You can adjust K on the fly in that mode making colors even darker!
MixColors 2.0 finally delivers intuitive Swatch Groups, adds Cloud Sync, gets next-gen color mixing formula, brings full Adobe Photoshop CC2015 support and more!
– Color groups. Reimagined! New simple and intuitive color group management with drag’n’drop support.
– Sync colors and color groups with the Cloud – safe 256-bit encryption on the server side! Easy cloud handling.
– Color mixing improved – next-gen color mixing formula for faster and more accurate results.
– Adobe Photoshop CC 2015+ and CC 2014 support – MixColors has been rewritten from scratch to support new Adobe Creatve Cloud platform.
– Color history is improved.
– Small/large color swatches handling improved.
– Tons of performance improvements on CS3, CS4, CS5, CS6 and CC platforms.
– A lot of bug fixes and improvements by your feedback.
With MagicPicker you can pick colors on the Traditional Color Wheel – a color wheel based on 12 basic colors used in traditional painting. That allows you to pick colors having relationship based on physical pigments of the paints. For example in this color scheme complement colors red is the opposite to green and yellow is opposite to purple. This color wheel is often referred to as Itten’s Color Wheel.
Switch to this mode by clicking on the button to the right-bottom of the color wheel.
One of the biggest support cases is the knowledge of keyboard modifiers in MagicPicker. Basically it’s three of them: ALT, SHIFT and CTRL/CMD. And here they go in one place altogether!
Don’t forget that you can use a combination of them as well! Like Pressing ALT+SHIFT on the color wheel will change background color while keeping the color’s tone with temporary Tone Lock last the same time!
MagicPicker just updated! New K-Lock lets you lock level of the black in CMYK, Hue/Color Temperature shift for groups in Illustrator. Bug fixes, speed improvements, activation and installation improvements! All new features will be covered in the upcoming tutorials! Please stay tuned to the blog! MagicPicker v4.4 provides the same features across CS3, CS4, CS5, CS6, CC, CC2014, CC2015!